Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I feel sick to my stomach today. Not the kind where you feel nauseous but more so a heavy heart that seems to have sunk straight to my stomach, if that makes any sense at all. I have been thinking a lot today about the atonement of my Savior and how I wish I better understood how powerful it is and can be if actually used. I have a strong testimony of the gospel, there is no denying it.  Sister said something powerful that hit me, "People don't realize that the sin is what makes them feel bad, not the atonement.  The atonement is what makes us feel better and happy." I have felt as though I understand the atonement but it seems at times as though I forget the importance of it. I know I am a human being and cannot perfectly comprehend everything in my life but I do know that I just want to be able to make my Heavenly Father proud. I want to be the best person that I can be and not use the atonement only for a "quick fix." I want to learn about the atonement, use it, and then live it each day. These are my thoughts and feelings for today. I am grateful for a Savior who so willingly suffered for me so that I might be able to use to atonement and look myself in the face to realize there is more to understanding myself and the atonement so that I can effectively apply it into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment