Friday, November 18, 2011

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

It's 8 am and I am a crying baby. What happened to me this morning? Let me tell you..

My alarm went off way too early this morning. As I was going to sleep last night I made the final decision to get up and go to the temple. Once I heard the alarm jingle I thought it couldn't possibly be almost 7 am! Didn't I just go to sleep a few minutes before this?? Yes, I am a drama queen, and I got a full 7 hours of sleep.

I got up and out of bed, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and was out the door by 7:20. I was a little bit bothered with myself that it took me that long to get moving. I pulled up to the temple to be greeted by the friendly temple workers. Oh how I'd missed this place! Each time I go to the temple I pray and pray that I will have the spirit with me. That I will be able to get something out of it. Usually it results in a small revelation and I wouldn't trade that for the world. I went about doing confirmations and baptisms and tried to think of the great opportunity I was being able to provide for other families.

I finished, got dressed once more, and left the dressing room with soaking wet hair dripping down my back and shoulders. I smiled and thanked everyone that I walked by. I got to the desk to drop of my little name tag thing when all of the sudden I heard quietly to my right, "Morgan? Morgan is that you?" I looked over to the waiting room to see a familiar face.  It was the sister that I had done family names for a few months ago. I was shocked, literally there were no words in my brain at the moment. I walked over and greeted her as she sat with her youngest son on her lap. I hadn't met him before but once he heard my name he looked up at his mom with his beautiful green eyes and said, "Mom, THIS is Morgan?" I looked at him a little bit confused. Why would he know my name? Why would he have a clue who I was? She immediately replied, "Baby, this is THE Morgan." She turned to me and said, "Sweetheart, your name has been whispered so much around my house that I thought your ears would have been buzzing by now." I was taken back and could only smile and thank her so much. We exchanged phone numbers and I was on my way home.

I walked out into the parking lot. Tears filled my eyes. How did I get SO blessed to experience a blessing this great?! Why me? I felt so grateful, loved, and blessed as I walked out to my car. I thought back to the first time that I met her. She told me she would see me again. She had no doubt in her mind. I never thought anything of it except for the fact that I didn't know her name whatsoever and had none of her information. How likely would I run into this sister again?

God works in mysterious ways, and I feel blessed that I get to learn and grow from them. Sometimes I want to plan my life out and start achieving my goals, but the Lord knows best. Always remember, the Lord has a plan for you and I. He loves us and because of this, I cannot ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment