Thursday, November 17, 2011

Looking into his eyes

I walked in the door to look up finding the familiar, light blue eyes looking back at me. He didn't even try to put on his half grin like he normally does. I looked at him again, taking in all of the details of his face. His brows were furrowed, his eyes looked sad. I knew he was in pain and it hurt my heart just looking at him. Standing in his presence I could feel that he was in pain and in that moment I felt so helpless. How could I make it better? What could I do for him?

I can't help but think of those who sat in the streets and watched the Savior suffer the hardest pain of the world. His followers who felt so helpless. Those who watched him suffer and could only let Him hang on the cross. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, loves us so much that he died for us. As I looked into Grandpa's eyes tonight for a brief moment as I saw him suffering there, I saw my Savior who had suffered this very specific pain for Grandpa.

What a comfort it is to know of the plan of salvation. We are blessed to be together with our families forever through the sealing power of the temple. I bear testimony that true happiness comes from living righteous lives and being part of a family unit that all works together to get back to our loving Heavenly Father. I can't wait for the day that I get to meet my older brother and hug Him as tight as I can and thank Him for his loving sacrifice. But, I know that for now I can get on my knees and pray every day and thank Him for this great blessing. The gospel is real--I know it, and I hope that others can know it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment