Friday, September 30, 2011

sister, sister.

Say hello to my sister. 
She's the pretty one on the left. she's 5'11", a volleyball star, nicest girl ever, looks like a model, is everybody's friend, retains more random information than anyone else I know, an airhead, and hilarious (and I'll just throw in there now that she has an arranged marriage to my best friend so don't even try to set her up with anyone else :) just kidding...kinda haha). 

I have been thinking a lot lately about my sister. Growing up together we had our rough times. Sometimes I would be a brat to her and sometimes she would be a brat to me. Sometimes when people met us they told us we look nothing alike and sometimes they'd tell us they could tell we are sisters. There came a point in both our lives where sister started to enjoy some things I enjoyed, namely volleyball.  As people started to meet both of us they all assumed that me and her were just alike. We both loved volleyball, got good grades, and were fluent in sarcasm. 

The more we both grow (she grows taller, I grow wider, nbd.), it has never been more apparent that we are WAY different from each other. She isn't afraid to stand out in a crowd where I feel like I am having a heart attack when a person is staring at me.  She reads her scriptures every night and often falls asleep on top of them. She is happy go lucky and I am intense. She is positive and uplifting and it takes everything I have to try to see it in her light. She is probably one of the most stubborn people I have ever met, but it definitely takes one to know one ;) The point is, we are different people. She is everything I wish I could be and more. She is truly an example of my Savior and everyday I hope that I can grow to be a little bit more like my little sister. I want to see the good in people. I want to give love to people who are sad or upset. I want to think of others and how I can help them as common nature rather than having to practice it. 

I love my sister. Yeah, we're different. We are our own kinds of weird. She's the most hilarious weird I have ever met and I am the girl who is afraid about what everyone thinks of her so my weirdness stays pretty much locked up in the closet. Mads, I love you. You are the best example for me to aspire to. You say kind words, you think kind thoughts, and you do kind things for others. You don't care what people think about you and when there are those dumb people that have no idea what they are talking about and don't know who you are and can't help but say negative things about you, you just reply, "at least they are taking the time out of their day to think about me." How I wish I could be like that. 

"A sister is one who reaches for your hand but touches your heart." 

I love you sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment