Thursday, September 15, 2011

charity is..

Last night I got home from sister's volleyball game and there Grandpa was sitting in the kitchen just flipping through the newspaper like he normally does. The rest of the house was dark and he was content doing his own thing.

A few hours earlier I had stopped by home to change my clothes after school.  There was no one home and no cars there so I went about my merry way to the volleyball game.

As I saw Grandpa I asked him where he had been and I will never forget his reply.. "Home teaching." Those two small words meant so much to me. It confirmed to me that I have the best Grandpa ever, putting everyone else's needs before his own.  Charity is caring so much about others that no matter how bad or hard our situation is we still do what we are called to do.  My grandpa is the greatest man and example to me. I hope some day when I may be having a hard day or rough circumstances of life I can muster up some strength and serve others instead of focusing on myself. Charity is being as Christ like as we can possibly be, I feel blessed to have a Grandpa who is striving to become more like Christ each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment