Friday, September 30, 2011

it's the small things.

everything lately seems to be trying to teach me a lesson. i have had conversations, experiences, etc that all seem to emphasize the same thing.  it's the small things that count. it has never been more apparent to me that we  go looking for the big things in life rather than being happy with the small, precious little moments we have throughout our day.  it's the small things in a marriage that make it the big picture happy. it's the small things when you hope and pray that you will feel the comfort of the spirit at the temple.

i have been trying to go do baptisms every week at the temple and as i go sometimes it is hard to feel the overwhelming spirit of my Heavenly Father.  it seems as though you go from one room to the next and at times I feel like I can easily miss the spirit.  today it was really quiet and no one was really there so that meant i was going from one room to the next even faster. as i sat there i prayed that i would feel the spirit and as i thought about families being together forever it touched my heart for a moment or two.  as i got dressed back into my sunday clothes and was walking out of the temple i saw a boy i knew from my ward when i was young and he was there with two friends to do baptisms. as i walked out of the temple i realized something-it's the small things. it warmed my heart to see young kids make an effort to go to the temple. how grateful i am for the youth of the gospel. it is a crazy world out there but if we can just focus on the small things, we will be forever blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment