Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Great Choice














Lately, I have had an experience that has really gotten me thinking about how lucky I am. Last week, my air condition in my car went out. Now, for those who live in Az..we know that this is pretty much a deathly situation. Anyways..it's been hot as HELL (for lack of a more perfect word)!! I have sweated my face off with the windows down each day going to school and work--even worse, I have started to feel really bad for myself. BUT I have been thinking about it and I realize how extremely LUCKY I am to have the mom and dad that I have. This past year, I was driving my VW bug around and the AC went out. My mom, being the trooper that she is, switched me cars and drove through the BLISTERING HOT summer for me. Of course, then the AC in the suburban went out and my dad drove that around only to get into his UN-airconditioned UPS truck all day long (update: the suburban now has AC and my dad lets my mom drive it while he switched to the bug that STILL has no AC...). The magical thing about this? I never once heard them complain. I am SO happy that I made the {choice} in Heaven for them to be my parents. I am one lucky kid and will be forever grateful for all that they have done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment