Saturday, October 2, 2010

What Matters Most

Conference. Many of us have different feelings, emotions, and expectations for this great event that takes place every six months. For some, it's a day we don't have to put our church clothes on and can snack all day long. For others, it's a day of edification. When I was little, I think Conference was always more of a "p.j. day" for me. Each year, it becomes more and more dear to my heart. This year, I cannot tell you how much these 2 days mean to me. It means guidance, goals, and most importantly, growth. It means figuring out what matters most.


Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf taught this exact message this morning. I cannot tell you how much his talk has meant to me today. My heart is full because I KNOW it is exactly what I needed to hear. He gives 4 key relationships that we must work on to live in a "more excellent way."

1. With our God
2. Our families
3. Our fellowmen
4. Ourselves

He explains that as we evaluate our lives, we will realize where we have drifted. We can then work on these things to purify our heart and refocus our lives.

This was my answer. This is what I need to work on. I need to spend time with my family, because that is true love. I need to learn to "get along with myself."

I love this talk. Need I say more? In closing, Elder Uchtdorf stated this:

"Reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better... Learn to see yourself as Heavenly Father sees you; as his precious daughter or son with divine potential."

If you missed this morning session of Saturday conference, I challenge you to get online and watch it. Don't wait. Spend a little less time on the worldly things and a little more time on what matters most. I know I am going to work hard on doing this.

Happy Conference day!
-Morgs


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your testimony. It's cool to see someone I know feels this way.

    ReplyDelete