Friday, April 26, 2013

Live where you are and be happy.

Remember that one time I was really into blogging? Yeah, me too...sometimes I feel sad that I am not as good as I used to be. I have always loved looking back on memories and lessons I have learned-they are great reminders, empowering, and remind me of the places I've been.

It's April 26th..11 months ago I made one of the biggest decisions of my life and drove my little VW bug up to Las Vegas to move in with two girls I had never met before. I was excited, nervous, anxious, happy, etc...you name the emotion, I felt it. These last 11 months have been a journey for sure. I have grown in ways that I couldn't have imagined. I have made mistakes that have hurt my heart more than I ever knew. I have become part of such a big, special family here in Las Vegas. I have chosen to be who I want to be each day.

To say that it has been rough to be away from my family and friends would be an understatement. I miss them every day and wish I could be there at the snap of my fingers, but I have learned something great while being up here in Vegas--Live where you are and be happy. Do I have my sad moments? Yes. Do I long for home every once in a while? Of course. I have never been happy with where I am at in life up until this point. It amazes me to realize that it simply could be a choice I made to be happy.  I used to have an inner struggle where I told myself 'I would be happy when...' but I have come to realize that I can be happy now! It doesn't matter what people say about you. It doesn't matter what people think about you...you can be happy!

Annnnd, that's my soapbox for the day.

XOXO,

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment