Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Out On My Own

Every day I wake up and one of the first thoughts that runs through my mind is how blessed I truly am. I attempt to open my eyes (then close them a few more times in hopes that time will stop and I will be able to sleep a little bit longer), I throw my scrubs on, throw my hair up in some sort of mess, and hop in the car to get to school.  The car rides each morning are usually on the quiet side-someone will make a comment in hopes to break the silence, but I can't help but silently look out the window and just think.  It becomes the little bit of quiet time that I appreciate more than words can express.

Being on my own has been a learning and growing experience to the max. I thought I had grown up and matured to a pretty high potential when living with my family, but as I have been out on my own I have grown infinite amounts.  I have made mistakes, handled situations differently than I would before, and have been able to have some of the most meaningful conversations of my life.

I am grateful to be on this journey.  I know this is where I am supposed to be and have met some of the most amazing "family members" that I will cherish forever. I thank my Heavenly Father for the tender mercies in my life.

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you!! and jealous that you were brave enough to do this.. hope everything is going well!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete