Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My point of view

It was a hot, sunny summer day in Vegas.  Cookie cutter houses lined each side of the street. It did not look or feel like home to me.  As my dad, mom, and sister walked to the truck parked in the parking lot, I turned toward my new home.  A silent tear rolled down my cheek as I walked toward my front door.  I turned back to look once more--I smiled and held back the tears as I waved goodbye and watched the truck travel the street until I could no longer see it.  I walked up the stairs into my new bedroom where I ripped back the bed spread and curled up into a bawl underneath the sheets.  I laid there for what seemed like forever, sobbing until eventually the tears became silent.  I was on my own.  Instantly, I was scared--was I even old enough to be on my own? Who was going to take care of me?

I allowed myself to cry for about ten minutes and repeatedly told myself in my head, "It's okay to be sad. It's okay to cry."  I stood up and went to the bathroom where I could look myself in the mirror and tell myself it would be alright.  As I stared straight at my reflection, I saw a sad and scared girl, but finally when I peered into her eyes I knew that she would be okay.  Everything was going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment