Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lent's celebrate!

Yes, you read that title right. Lent is here and a challenge came from a patient at Physical Therapy to give something up for it.  I didn't really want to but I decided it would be the best time to sacrifice something. So what am I giving up for 40 days? Facebook. That's right...I have officially gone Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and today without signing on. I don't remember the last time I went that long. Sad. 

"I know our greatest happiness comes as we tune in to the Lord (see Alma 37:37) and to those things which bring a lasting reward, rather than mindlessly tuning in to countless hours of status updates, Internet farming, and catapulting angry birds at concrete walls. I urge each of us to take those things which rob us of precious time and determine to be their master, rather than allowing them through their addictive nature to be the master of us. Let us be as quick to kneel as we are to text."
-Ian S. Ardern
I need to focus more on loving myself and focus less on what is going on in everyone else's life.  I need to learn to love myself rather than comparing myself to everyone else. I need to make more time to grow spiritually than to waste it aimlessly on facebook. Just one way to help become the best ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment