Saturday, December 3, 2011

forever.

it feels like it has been forever since i've seen you. in just 8 days it will have been six months since i have seen you. i remember the phone call i got from you right before you went into the mtc. it is definitely a moment i will treasure forever. i don't remember what you said to me but i remember getting a feeling as though it was exactly that i needed to hear. as we said goodbye my heart sunk. i felt like i wouldn't talk to you for 2 years and the thought of that was too hard to handle. you must have known i was struggling because you said the perfect thing to me that made me realize it wouldn't be forever until we talked again--"goodbye until p-day." i feel super lucky that i have heard from you almost every week since you've been gone. yeah there were the times i was in peru and you didn't write my email down right (typical you), and when you'd get transferred and what not but when it came down to it i always get an email from you. i love mondays because i finally get to pretend like you're talking to me face to face. you are more than just the boy that i love--you are my best friend and i wouldn't trade that for the world. as i talked to one of my very dear friends the other night i had this distinct realization-you are the ONLY person in this world that knows everything about me. i have told you everything-my shortcomings, my feelings, my thoughts, everything. i've never been afraid to tell you about what i am thinking because i know you aren't judging me. i know you are changing so much right now but i also know that you are still the same bryant that i know. my heart misses you. as i was running around the neighborhood this morning i just thought about you and realized that we are growing so much while we are apart. this opportunity for you is changing your life and making you realize what is important to life. and it is making me realize how much more i want to keep you in my life. some people say to not rush and get married. they say that forever is a long time and you don't have very much time to do the things for yourself as an individual. in the perspective of forever, i understand their point, but....i just think forever is just enough time that i could have to be with you.

i love you as a person, as a best friend, as the most amazing human being that i have ever met. i love YOU, elder king.

No comments:

Post a Comment