Saturday, November 5, 2011

stop, rewind, play.

Sometimes in life I wish there was a way that I could record conversations I have. You know, the really meaningful ones that change your life forever.

Tonight I was somewhat lame. I came home after going to dinner with some of my best friends and then had no other plans. I laid around, watched tv, checked my emails, the usual. My dad finally got home from work right around 9 and I carried on with my boring ways of doing my hair like some kind of event might come up. We got to talking and a lot of different topics were brought up-marriage, school, family, you name it.

Without going into too much detail, my dad has never really known what he has wanted to do for a job. He has worked at the same place for the last 20 years and for a long period of time he held a lot of resentment and anger that he was stuck in this situation. Years have passed and he has still been with the same job but I have seen my dad change in ways that I never thought I would see. What had changed? His attitude. He has worked hard my whole life and I 100% know and believe that my dad would go to any lengths of taking care of and providing for his family. It doesn't matter to me that my dad hasn't reached his goal of being what he wanted to be in his occupation. What matters to me is that I have the best dad in the world who is an amazing husband to my mother.

The words that my dad said about my mom were ones that I will never forget. I hope that someday I will be the best wife and mother because I have had the perfect examples of how to be a spouse and parent my whole life. I don't believe that fairy tale stories are a reality but in the case of my mom and dad loving each other, their story was indeed a fairy tale. I am proud to have a father who gets emotional talking about my mom and letting me know that the day they met they just knew it was meant to be. I am touched to hear the advice and words of my father.

Every day I hope and pray that I can marry someone just like my dad. Strong, hard working, caring, loving, worthy priesthood holder, firm testimony, love of God, provider, intelligent, kind, selfless, huge heart, happy, approachable, etc.

Lastly, this is for my dad who attempted to quote the most beautiful quote about my mother:

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus one day so I never have to live without you."












Dad, when I meet the man that I am supposed to marry it's going to be easy to know if he's the one. Why? Because he's going to be a whole heck of a lot like you. I love you with every ounce of my heart and soul. I look up to you with the utmost respect. I enjoy being around you. I love that you will listen to me and hear what I am saying and then reflect on that. You always know how to make me feel important, special, and like what I say matters and actually means something to you. Did I mention that I love you? Cause dad, I really really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment