Sunday, October 23, 2011

I know who you are. I've known who you were since the day you were born

I have had a lot of feelings and emotions this past week. Grandpa has been through a whole lot of ups and downs since the whole family got home from Mexico. Toward the beginning of the week he slept a lot, would wake up and not know where he was, and hardly was able to recognize us. This went on til Tuesday and when Wednesday finally came he was more "with it."

One thing I never want to forget that he said to me happened after school on that Wednesday. I came home and walked into the family room where my grandma and grandpa were sitting. My grandma asked my grandpa if he knew who I was and he looked at me and said, "No, who are you?" Stress and heartache immediately filled my body and I replied back in my best voice, "I'm Morgan, Grandpa. I live with you." His only response was, "Well when did that happen?" He showed a little grin but I was already too sad to know whether or not he really knew who I was. I shook it off and got ready to go to sister's volleyball game. I walked back out into the family room to Grandpa and hugged and kissed him. He opened his eyes and I looked at him and said, "Grandpa, do you really not know who I am?" He looked at me as best as he could and replied, "I know who you are. I've known who you were since the day you were born."

That statement never rang more true to me than at any other moment in my life. Our Father in heaven knows us. He never forgets us. He loves us and wants us to be happy. I testify that we are children of our Heavenly Father who only desires the best for us. God is patient and kind and all we have to do is get on our knees and pray to be able to communicate with Him. Never forget that you are loved. Never forget that you are special. Never let anyone else tell you different.

No comments:

Post a Comment