Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blessings from above.

My day always seems a little bit better after going to the temple in the morning.  Today has been one of those days-my heart and mind seem to be more in tune with each other and I am more emotional and grateful for what I have and for the blessing that my family is forever.  I had the opportunity to do some family names for a single mother new member to the church.  It was her birthday today and she brought her boys to do two male names and she asked that someone do the female names for her.  It was the most crowded, busiest day I have ever seen at the temple, but of all those people I was asked if I would do it.  I was so grateful for the opportunity to baptize people that she actually knew-her grandmother, aunts, and others.  It made the purpose of the work so much more real to me.  These are real people and they are waiting for ordinances to be performed in behalf of them.  I felt blessed and special and I will never forget the look in that sweet sister's eyes or the quiver of her lips as she graciously thanked me for the "best birthday present ever." We are all brothers and sisters here on this planet.  We are in this together. I am truly grateful for blessings that come directly as a result through prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment