Thursday, August 4, 2011

loving with all of my heart.

no one ever tells you that life is as hard and emotional as it turns out to be at times, or maybe they do and i just forgot to listen. i am missing my family in peru a whole lot right now. i wish i could be back there now. as i am looking back on my blog i realized that i never posted about the day we left! between almost not getting on flights and really grumpy flight attendants, the only thing i really want to remember is the feelings that i had as me and rachel got in that little shabby car to take us to el aeropuerto.  while we were driving there i couldn't help but hold back the tears and feel like i was leaving a part of me behind. in that little taxi cab i finally realized why missionaries have such a hard time coming home-it's an emotional roller coaster to leave the people you have grown to love and consider part of your family. i knew i was going to see my family and i couldn't wait for that but it was so hard to leave cusco behind. every day of my life i will be grateful for the bonds and relationships i have made there. i feel truly blessed that i had an opportunity to not only learn to find and love myself but to love others with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment