Monday, June 27, 2011

Wanted. Monday, June 27th


Today was a very chill day. We woke up and went to Spanish class where we of course fell in love with Walter again. The “devil” was there as well to give us our fact of the day. Today we tried to explain to Walter was “tickling” was. He admitted to being very ticklish with the cutest boyish grin I have ever seen a 62 year old man wear. We had a tea break also, luckily there were crackers to help the nasty taste. After class we bought some post cards and then came home to having lunch cooked and ready. It was delicious-our mamita cooked us some oatmeal soup-it was delicious, I could not even tell it was oatmeal-and some chinese food stuff. It was the best I have eaten here. Our mamita told us we will be getting some new roommates on Thursday, and they are boyfriend and girlfriend haha. Interesting, right? After lunch we hung out and then went to the black market where everything is seriously SO cheap. We are going back pronto. Then we ran to the post office and then to the supermarket to get some food storage (aka so we don’t starve before bed). We came back home then went to the orphanage. I brought some puzzles, coloring books, crayons, and card games from back home for the girls. Watching all of these girls ranging from 6 to 17 made me realize how blessed we are to live in the U.S. All of the girls were like ravenous wolves trying to get at what I had brought. I also talked to a few of them about the orphanage, etc. Listening to their stories made me so grateful for my mom and dad. I feel blessed to know that my parents want me and love me always. So far on this trip I have done pretty good without being homesick but today I seemed to be much more emotional when thinking about my family. I miss them a lot and it’s only been 9 days. I just love my family so much and feel so blessed to be raised by two of the most amazing people that exist on the planet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment