Monday, June 27, 2011

Tour day 2, Sunday June 26th


Today began totally different than yesterday.  We had to be up and out of the house by 8 for the next day of tours. There was a lot more time spent driving but also a lot more time spent walking and hiking up mountains to look at the ruinas as well.  We also had a different tour guide for our English tour and it turned out to be much better. It was funny though because he would say, “Please more again give me your attention.” I kid you not, he said it at least 7 times and each time I thought he was saying my name over and over-more again..haha. The ruins were seriously so beautiful though. We learned the coolest things and the neatest thing happened too. As we were on the bus driving to a ruin, Rachel was looking out the window and she saw an LDS church-we seriously got so excited. It was funny to see it though because it was much nicer than I thought it would be. It was a two-story building with a big, white steeple. To add the excitement, we then saw the Elders! Rach and I started going crazy and waving at them like they were the coolest people ever. I even got emotional seeing them with little kids hanging all over them as they try to walk down the streets. This truly is the Lord’s work. It made me grateful to have Bryant out there serving, even if it is a huge sacrifice and I haven’t heard from him in 13 days (no, I am not bitter…). Anyways, we didn’t make it back home til like 7:30 or so and we skyped rach’s family and I set up an account for my dad and told him the password so he could skype too J I cannot wait til we go to church this upcoming week and experience more of the culture here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment