Thursday, June 16, 2011

stay grounded!

i leave to PERU in 4 days...that's right, 4 days! i am BEYOND excited, and a little bit nervous too. i seriously cannot wait-it's going to be an amazing experience for me. i keep feeling ready to take off and leave to get outta this fiery inferno, aka arizona but i only have ONE thing holding me back...the gre {cue the dun dun duuuuunnnnn's}! tomorrow i take the test of a life time to help determine if i can apply for physical therapy school and even though i say i am so nervous i feel at peace. maybe bryant going on a mission is going to bless me too? haha.

if you know me, you know that if i were to say that there's always next year to apply to PT school it's like shredding my heart into itty bitty pieces. i am determined to do well and do the best i can.  a few weeks ago i saw my "saving grace." she said she had been reading an article before i got there and she knew i needed to hear what it was about. she said, "morgan, life isn't about our accomplishments, it's about finding joy in our own personal journey." can i just tell you that this statement has changed my life? it was so simple but that statement had never 'clicked' for me before. i think this is why i feel at peace about the gre. yes i am going to do my best. no, i do not want to have to wait a whole year to apply again. BUT, the worst that can happen is that i have to try, try again and reapply next year. life will not be over!! oh the simple joys that are FINALLY making sense at age 20! i am going to keep putting out there that i am going to do well. i am going to stay calm. i can do this. i have worked hard to get to this point in my life and i am going to be just fine!

life is busy and crazy but honestly, i wouldn't want it any other way! distractions are the key! i can't wait for peru-i am so excited to go with my friend rachel! seriously, it's crazy how small the world is and i am so happy that it is because i feel blessed to be able to be around rach and all of their group of friends. they have been so good to me!!

prayers are welcome. love,

morgs :)

1 comment: