Saturday, June 11, 2011

dreaming.

i went to bed last night hoping it was just a dream. i can't believe how fast it came. never in a million years did i ever think that it would be this hard. nor did i think i would have to send him off 4 days earlier than i thought i was going to. today i woke up to my dad telling me i had a visitor...i asked him what time it was, his reply, "6:40." instantly i started to grumble as my much needed beauty sleep was interrupted.  i then looked up to see my visitor. it definitely had to be a dream. hello, elder king-didn't think i would be seeing you for approximately another two years...he came in bringing me a scrapbook that i had made him for valentine's day a few years ago and told me he wanted me to hold onto it. all the meanwhile i am laying in my bed as he hands me the book i remember working so hard on. i could not believe i got to see him one last time. he bent down and gave me one last hug (a missionary one, of course) and walked out my door. i laid in bed waiting to hear my front door open up and listen to him leave. it took a little bit longer than i expected but eventually the chimes came from the alarm system and he was gone. my dad came back to my room a few minutes later, he was a little choked up. he said bry got emotional and shed a few tears as he left my room. i love him so much, more than i ever thought i could love another person. 

i am so blessed bry was sent into my life. he was truly an answer to my prayers. when i was around the age of 15 i was OBSESSED with the idea of who i was supposed to become. i wanted to know what i was going to be and especially who i was going to marry. i remember distinctly being in the passenger seat of the car and thinking and wishing that Heavenly Father had sent me down with a little piece of paper with my future spouse's name on it so all i would do was have to find him. i prayed and prayed that i would find the person i should marry asap, i just wanted to know him. as the years went on i started to realize that we weren't designed to find just one person and marry them but rather we were meant to be compatible with many people and we have the freedom to choose who we want to be with forever.

almost three years ago (in august 2008, i was 17 at the time) i went to church just like any other day. i sat through sacrament meeting then went to sunday school where my dad was the teacher. our class had probably about 7-10 kids and as we all got into the room we all started chatting about our weekends and all of our exciting events.  all of the sudden, the door opened and this big, brown boy walked in. he announced he was new and of course i jumped at the opportunity placed in front of me. i obnoxiously told him he could come sit by me and of course, he did. as the weeks went on he would come to church sometimes and miss other times. there was a week where i sat on the same row as him and his mom and i could not stop staring at him (pretty much i blew my cover really early on..). i saw him around school a few times and was determined to get to know him. one day another boy in our ward text me to ask if i had bryant's phone number. i didn't have it but i knew he played baseball and i knew some players so of course i found my opportunity to get even more creepy. excellent. i got his number the night before october break and texted him. he kept asking who it was & of course i kept him guessing. he finally called me since he thought i was one of his guy friends and figured out it was me. the next morning i headed off to mexico for the long weekend. i text him on my way back and from there we just started talking more and by the end of the month we were officially "together." 

after dating from october of our senior year we were pretty much inseparable. i got into asu and bry still wanted to play baseball so he went to school down in douglas, az. it was really hard being away from him for that year even though i got to see him at his games up around the valley and could text/skype him occasionally. we've definitely had our ups and downs but bryant came home from school and decided to become the best man he could be. he has been the best example to me and my family. he is definitely my dream come true. 

xoxo,

morgs

1 comment: