Tuesday, February 22, 2011

perfection

ever since i was little i have always strived for perfection. if i wasn't first, i was last. if i wasn't the best, i was the worst. everything in life became a competition to me. now, here i am in college. i have officially set myself up for a lot of let downs. once you're put into a huge pool of thousands of people, it's not very likely that you're the best anymore. i've brainwashed myself for so long that i don't know how to handle when i get B on a test. I don't know how to handle a teacher not being willing to explain something to me. but a thought came to me today..

being lds, you hear everyone talking about "striving for perfection," "becoming like the Savior," etc.. newsflash-NO ONE IS PERFECT, nor will they be while they are here on this earth. obviously there is no pass/fail on trying to be perfect because if that were the case, our missions would not only be failed but impossible. life is about doing everything to the best of our ability. if we can be looked in the eye and say we have strived to do our best each day then that should be good enough. there is always room for improvement. there are always places in our day where we could have done better.

here is the hard part-telling yourself that! this is going to be my challenge, to work on doing MY best, not being the BEST (but hey, if i am the best, i am totally a-ok with that!!).

pray for me, i have a physics exam tomorrow.

yikes,

morgs

No comments:

Post a Comment