Thursday, February 17, 2011

an amazing woman

this post is to and for my mom; an amazing wife, best mother, & most kind friend.

yesterday was one of my longer days at school. i get done around 3ish and go straight to work for 3 or 4 hours. i got a phone call about 2 hours into work from my mom asking me if it was a "long day" for me. i replied that i had work and institute later that night. her voice sounded off, something was just not quite right. i asked her what she needed and she was trying to find a way for someone to pick up my little brother from basketball practice. i told her i would do it and got the feeling to ask her if she had been crying. she replied with a quiet "yes" and proceeded to break down and cry. my mom was sicker than a dog. she did not feel good at all. her body was aching from head to toe and there was {NO ONE} at my house to take care of her. luckily, i was let off work early to go be with my mom. i got her dinner, made sure she was all covered up in a 2 blankets, a heat pack, plus every layer of clothes she had on. it hurt my heart to see my momma like that.

my mom is the strongest and most loving person i know. she would bend over backwards for anyone even if she was getting the raw end of the deal. she doesn't expect payment. she doesn't even ask for a lot of help around the house even having a 40+ hour week (in 4 days...). she is the BEST example to me. i love her. she has all of the qualities of a wife and mother that i wish i could have. one day i hope i can be just like her because EVERYONE loves to be around my mom. she is wonderful!!

momma, thanks for all of your hard work. for not only working all day yesterday feeling as sick as a dog, but for waking up before 6 AM today and going to work again for the second sick day in a row. taking time out of my day to love you and be around you was easy, but seeing you so miserable was the hard part. i love you. you're the best mom and best friend i could ever ask for. thank you for all that you do!

love,
your favorite morgan

1 comment:

  1. I love your mom! I am so sorry that she is so sick! I feel bad that she has to be at work when she should really be home resting trying to get better. She is a one of a kind lady! She is so giving and we have definitely been on the receiving end of her kindness and service. I don't know how she does all that she does! You have the sweetest family! I hope she feels better quick!

    ReplyDelete