Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sick day, July 5th


Today was different than any other day we’ve been here-it was mine and Rachel’s first day of separation. It was so sad :( She woke up feeling pretty nauseous and needed to stay home and get some rest. Since I was well I was obligated to go hang out with Walter and learn…(okay it really wasn’t as boring as it sounds since we love Walter here and all).  I showed up to class and he told me that he had a field trip planned aka his other job interfered with our class schedule! About half way through class we hopped in a taxi and went to the airport to pick up a family who would be arriving from California. They were supposed to fly in at 10:35 am but when they didn’t show up for a long time Walter made me go to the information counter and ask if the flight had arrived in Spanish for my “exam.” I passed, and of course the flight had landed. Walter’s friend, Marco, who helps run the hotel Walter sometimes lives at was there and was a stress case trying to find the people. He finally found out they had missed their flight and wouldn’t be in til about 11:45 so Walter and I walked upstairs and talked in Spanish and he quizzed me on the capitals of different countries around the world. It was great but I did miss having Rachel there to tag team Walter with me. The family finally arrived and I got assigned to help take them to the hotel where we helped get their rooms and settle them in. I met a nice English boy who the family tried switching rooms with so they could be right next to their kid’s room. It was fun. I got home and Rachel was up and showered and feeling much better so that was good. We then were really lazy the rest of the day and watched 2 movies and relaxed the rest of the day. It was nice to just hang out since it feels like we are always constantly going. We love it here so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment