Sunday, July 3, 2011

Missing. June 30th


Today’s weather has been extremely different-it’s been rainy and freezing cold out where normally it is sunny and you can atleast feel warm while the breeze is going. It’s so different to experience this weather here. We are so high up that you can visibly see the clouds moving and breaking apart. It’s seriously so beautiful. I miss my family today. It’s kinda ironic because it seems as though me and Rachel are usually opposite of each other. Some days she is starving and I am content. Other days I seem to be starving and she is not-today is one of those days. It’s been 11 days since I have seen my family, which seems like a long time when you don’t have a phone to be able to text or call them whenever you like. Instead, we have to plan  Skype/Facebook dates and hope the awesome internet connection here doesn’t fail us. I have a very strong personality, and sometimes it’s a blessing while other times it’s a curse. You know those days where you just feel kinda off? Unsure of what is right in front of you yet you just have to go for it. At the beginning of this journey Rachel talked to her family a lot or about how much she misses them-She still does, I know but at the beginning of this trip I think I was just so excited to be here that I didn’t think twice about what I was leaving behind. That sounds horrible but in a sense it’s somewhat true. My mom didn’t want me to be nervous or sad so every time Peru came up it was like she was my #1 cheerleader. Now, here I am missing my family a lot-not that I admitted that to my dad on the phone today. It’s just one of those days where I miss familiarity. Don’t get me wrong-I love it here. Today is NOT a bad day. It just is one of those days where my mind keeps taking me back home. Maybe this is what it feels like when serving a mission. I would hope I was experiencing the same thing of such a righteous event. Homesickness. What a drag. Missing my Bryant a lot today too. 19 days since I have seen him. It’s gone by so slow yet so fast. I love where I am right now and wouldn't change that for the world. 

1 comment:

  1. oh Morgs-i miss you too! haha but honestly I know exactly what you are talking about. I've had those days on and off... I broke down crying one time just because I wanted Rocky road ice cream and no wear in this country has it! haha pathetic, yes! Just keep pushing on... At least you family is trying to skype/facebook you. We've only talked to the Hiatt's twice since we've been here and when we were on skype no one was really interested in talking to us. That sucked! :(

    ReplyDelete