Monday, July 25, 2011

Last day of Class, July 15th


Obviously I didn’t write about the last two/three ish days of my trip yet so I now need to back track about my amazing experience. I think a lot of the reason I didn’t write was because it was a very emotional experience and I couldn’t help but be sad when writing these last few entries.  We went to class and of course gave our big present to Walter. He was quite emotional when teaching us and all three of us knew there was a big elephant in the room.  It wasn’t until Walter gave an example in Spanish that said something along the lines of having to go back to the United States and I just saw the tears well up in his eyes.  Of course I am an emotional bawl baby and couldn’t hold back the tears so I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to get my act together.  Once I recovered we learned more Spanish then took our tea break and hung out. Rachel has an app on her iPhone where you can record someone then speed up or slow down his/her voice so we had Walter say something and then changed his voice. Oh boy did he get a kick out of that! He sang the cutest little song and we loved it. It was such a great last day of class. After taking lots of pictures, we finally went back inside our classroom where we had Walt open his present. He was so SWEET and loved everything we got him (or so it looked). Haha. It was about 11:30 {1 hour before class ended} and Walter decided to end class because he said he was just going to cry for the last hour. He was SO sweet. I love him so much and I feel so blessed to have met Walt.  After class we just got to walk around town and hang out since we had already finished our last day at the orphanage. It was fun being able to hang out and not having anything to worry about for the rest of the day. We eventually came home and watched movies, talked on skype, and stayed up til the early hours of the morning til we finally went to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment