Monday, July 18, 2011

July 13th


Today was a pretty low key day. We went to class, came home and ate lunch, and then pretty much laid in bed til work.  We talked and cried about a lot of different emotions we are feeling here.  We then decided to watch some episodes of Friends and laughed and laughed.  We have a good mix of crying and laughing here-it’s the best.  We finally went to work and hung out with the girls. I have grown to love them a lot.  We came home and met up with a friend that we met in Houston when we had our flight delay.  Rach and I just really wanted McDonald’s ice cream but when we showed up to meet him he had planned this huge get together with a bunch of people to go out and party and dance.  We decided to be lame and just get ice cream and go back home-the ice cream was bomb, p.s. It was hilarious at McD’s though cause I of course picked the crappy line and was standing behind 3 chinese girls who did not speak a word of Spanish. They were taking forever and I finally could hear what was going on so I just started shouting things in Spanish behind them so they could just get out of line already.  Then, of course, they had the most complicated/picky orders ever so one of them asked me if I could tell them she didn’t want any breast meat of the chicken, only drumsticks….WHO THE HECK JUST KNOWS THE WORD FOR CHEST IN SPANISH?! Apparently I do because Walter talks about swimming breaststroke in class and taught us that “pecho” is chest.  Thanks for being the BEST teacher ever WALTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment