Monday, June 27, 2011

Day of Laughs. June 23rd


today started out great-we got to our Spanish class and walter showed up a few minutes later. We had a great time learning and talking and what not. I love walter. He is so cute! Anyways, on our “tea break” with walter, the unnamed boy that works in the front office came out to give us some facts about cusco. Before school we had told our host mom that we would eat out at the plaza de armas. The boy (whose name I seriously cannot pronounce) brought up the plaza so I pointed in a direction and asked him if that was where it was located. Obviously I was way off base because he just laughed at me and then offered to walk me and rach to the plaza with walter. After class ended he took us to the plaza and became our tour guide for the day. We walked FOREVER. He took us all over the place showing us the difference between incan made walls and Spanish made walls to going down “piss alley.” Yes, you guessed that right-apparently everyone just pees in that street-at first I thought he was lying, but the smell spoke for itself. Gross. He then took us to a more “touristy” restaurant where he hit on the peruana waitress all afternoon. He called her “mi amor” and “Corazon” more times than I can even remember. We were so glad to hang out with him-he would tell us all of these stories about himself that were lies and we just laughed and laughed when we realized we would never know who he really is. There was even another girl who was listening to his stories and she all of the sudden spoke up saying, “okay I can’t take this anymore! I don’t believe anything you just said!” we died laughing at everything that was said-to the point of tears. After lunch he took us to the supermarket so we could buy some snacks since we pretty much starve to death every night. We then parted ways and went back home til we had work. Honestly, this sounds awful but rach and I were totally dreading going back to the orphanage for a few reasons. Number 1-the girls were so much older than we expected. Number 2-the girls seemed to only want to watch tv. Number 3-Rach and I didn’t really get to experience it together…etc. BUT, when we went back it went so much better than expected. Rach had apparently danced in her girl’s room the first night so of course when I get there my girls all wanted to dance. I taught English the first night so of course rachel’s girls all wanted to  learn English and teach Rachel some Spanish-so cute. Seriously. Anyways, it was great and I think I am already starting to get attached to my girls even though they aren’t super young or what I expected. They are very sweet and I love that even though they aren’t living in the best circumstances they are happy and loving just as Christ would be. 

1 comment:

  1. OK I'm gonna comment on every post! haha

    It sounds like you are having a BLAST! I want to go to Peru so bad! I have one request-since I am a faithful follower- PLEASE POST PICS!!! I want to see everything! :)

    ReplyDelete