Thursday, March 17, 2011

puzzling.

well, we just got home from mexico. it was a nice little get away (getaway? get-a-way??). now it's back to the studying for tests, catching up on a paper that i am way behind on, etc.

i was really grateful for this trip to mexico this year for a certain reason. initially i was not so happy about going to mexico for spring break. i was, in fact, quite disappointed. it is definitely not swim suit season for me--nor will it be for a while! this would also be one of the first trips where i would be kinda hanging solo. no best friend, no cousins my age, etc.

i loved this trip for one reason (and no, the reason is not running after the helado man..although it was a close call..NOT), it was because i got to spend so much time with my grandpa. my grandpa has been battling cancer for a while now, and because of all the treatment he goes through he isn't supposed to be out in the sun. it was like destiny. me and gramps chilled in the condo and seriously were puzzle maniacs. i am not a huge puzzle person because they just HURT my brain, but because i am so competitive i just couldn't back down. on the first day we put together a 500 piece puzzle-let's just say i officially hate puzzles. it was so difficult, because there are like 8 tractors that all look the same.

anyways, it was so nice to hang out with grandpa. we didn't really talk much, but just the alone time was nice. he has such a sweet spirit about him. it made me remember how much i love my gramps for who he is. a quiet man on the outside, but once you get him started he'll talk your ear off!

i am so lucky to have great examples in my life.


1 comment:

  1. Go for one word: getaway. And grandparents are things to treasure dearly. That's something most people don't learn until it's too late. If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete