Monday, November 1, 2010

my day of birth.

i am 20. officially. well actually, UNofficially. i technically wasn't born til 11:35 PM. but, forget that--i am sure glad we celebrate all day long!! and truly, if you are part of the Clement fam, (aka my mother's child) you celebrate pretty much ALL week! i love my mother.

now, i could go on and on about my 20 years of life, but i don't want to brag about my senile age.. ;) what i am really thinking about right now is my best friend Elder Nathan Larson. a few days ago i got a letter from him with a birthday card inside but he required that i couldn't open it until my birthday soooo what did i do at 12:00 am? i opened my card OF COURSE! (buckle down for the long read ahead! so sorry--just so emotional)

i am SO blessed to have this boy as my best friend. i miss him so much yet i know he is serving the Lord and for that not only is he blessing himself and his family and the people of Korea, but i feel blessed as well. i can't help but be emotional after reading his card and knowing how great of a friend he has been to me through the years. we've had our shares of fights and arguments, but when it comes down to it all i remember are the laughs, memories, and tears (both from laughing together or crying from pain). He has always been there for me. i love you nate dogg. i can honestly say your card has been the best present of my 20th birthday. you bring so much happiness into my life and all those around you. you mean so much to me-i don't know what i would have done without you. this i know for sure: WITHOUT YOU...i would have been WAY MORE confused about college. Would not have gotten an A in chemistry. Not understood a whole lot more in Calculus. Would have heard a whole lot more "world war III's" in my house. Would have cried a whole lot more tears alone. And would have been incomplete.

BUT..good news! you came into my life and saved the day! (more like the past 4 years!) you helped me through college when i didn't get it (and didn't laugh at me when your incredible brain couldn't understand how i didn't get it). you tutored my sister and saved a lot of heartache for my mother. you let me cry on you when no one else was here. you became part of my family. i love you and i always will love you for being my best friend! thank you nate dogg for being the best example to me i could ever ask for!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I want a friend like Nate Dogg. Never let him go! What a sweet tribute to a great friend. And Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete